How to Convert MTS to ProRes on Mac
by Brian Fisher Proven solutions
If you need to convert MTS to ProRes you have to choose your converter carefully to ensure that you do not lose the original quality of the MTS file. Converting MTS files can be disappointing if you chose the wrong tool. For you to get the best MTS to ProRes converter on Mac and to understand how the conversion works, this article is relevant to you.
Part 1. General Knowledge about ProRes
What is ProRes?
ProRes is a line of intermediate codecs, which are meant to use during video editing. Intermediate codecs retain higher quality than the end-user codecs, and they require less expensive disk systems when compared to uncompressed videos. ProRes is essential for video editing, and it has the ability to read RAW files natively. There are six types of ProRes formats, and they range from minimal compression to extreme compression rates. All the ProRes formats are compatible with the current frame sizes such as SD, HD, 2K, 4K, & 5K.
Why Do We Need to Convert MTS Files to ProRes?
Editing MTS files are very hard since the format is highly compressed by codec, which makes it hard to open and edit the file. Besides the MTS file is oversized and most of the video editors cannot handle them well without losing its quality. Therefore, we need to convert MTS files to ProRes to enhance easier editing and for compatibility reasons. ProRes files are easier to use and can be opened and edited using most file editors.
Part 2. Best Tool to Convert MTS to ProRes on Mac
UniConverter for Mac is an intuitive tool to convert videos, audios and DVD file formats into different output formats. The program helps convert files into more than 150 output files plus more new formats that are being introduced with advanced versions. It is the best application that will ensure that you get the best quality after the conversion process within a short time. UniConverter for Mac is the only tool that will not tamper with the original quality of your file and the audios and the images, and other settings will remain after the performance.
- It convert video and audio files to 150+ different formats, including MP4, M4V, AVI, AP3, AIF, VOB, 3GP, FLV, F4V, TOD, TP, M2TS, HD WMV, MTS, M4A, M4R, FLAC, APE, MP3, WMA, etc.
- It is a powerful editor. If you have a long footage that you want to trim before conversion, the tool lets you select the piece of the video that you want and cut the rest away. You can adjust video properties such as contrast, brightness, and saturation and crop pictures in a video. Besides, you can add watermarks, effect filters, and subtitles.
- It has the ability to download videos from online websites. You just have to paste the URL the video you want to download to the video downloader. Such sites include YouTube, Vimeo, Break, Yahoo, Metacafe, Vevo Facebook, and 1000 more.
- Apart from the video conversion function, the software is also a DVD converter, DVD burner, and a DVD backup.
User Guide on How to Convert MTS to ProRes on Mac
Import MTS Files
Launch the program on your Mac. Then drag and drop the MTS files to the application. Alternatively, go to the File menu, click it and select Load Media Files. After clicking it, it will direct you to file folders, and you will be able to choose the MTS file that you wish to add to the interface. Once you add the file, you will be able to see it on the program’s window.
Edit Files (Optional)
If you want to modify your MTS file, before converting, click the Edit button, and you will be able to crop, rotate, trim, or apply other editing options to your MTS file.
Select the Output Format ProRes
Go to the format tray, many video formats will be displayed in a drop-down list. Since you want to convert your MTS file to ProRes for editing, please go to the Editing tab, and then choose ProRes as your output format.
Convert M2TS to RroRes losslessly
Choose a local folder where you want to save the converted files. From the top of that window, navigate to the Convert button, hit it and your MTS files will be converted in a moment and saved to the selected folder as ProRes files.
- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats
- 3.1 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.2 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.3 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.5 Convert M2TS to AVI
- 3.6 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.7 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.9 Convert MTS to FLV
- 3.10 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.11 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.12 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.13 Convert MTS with Handbrake
- 3.14 TS to MP4 Online
- 3.15 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.16 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.17 Convert DVR-MS to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.19 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.20 Convert HDV Video
- 4. Camera Video Converters
- 5. Camera Video Tips