3 Easy Ways to Download Subtitles for Video (Online/Offline)
by Brian Fisher Proven solutions
Due to the simplicity of watching videos with relative text, Video Subtitles are becoming more popular with each passing year. As a result, videos from all over the world can be viewed and accessed without a problem. Other factors that make it necessary to download Hollywood movies with subtitles include:
- If you don't speak the language, subtitles can assist you to understand.
- Increases the ability to read (Helpful for those preparing for some competitive exams).
- Deaf and stupid individuals will find this quite useful.
- For people who want to improve their language/word knowledge.
In reality, the number of subtitles that are usable extends on and on. So, how do you prevent yourself from making use of this incredible technology? Even with the top three techniques, you can easily download movies with English subtitles. These subtitle downloaders for movies will assist you in getting the subtitles of the video track that you wish to view as well as understanding them. So, without further ado, let's move on to the following section and discover how to download subtitle files.
Part 1. UniConverter Subtitle Tool for Subtitle Download
Wondershare Uniconverter is the best program for downloading and adding subtitles to videos. It supports hundreds of subtitle download sites and works with all video formats. Subtitle formats such as SRT, STL, SSA, TTML, and others are supported by this application. Most importantly, users can further edit videos by editing, cropping, applying effects, combining, and other methods. So, here's how to use Wondershare Subtitle Tool to download and add subtitles to a video:
Upload the video file you want to edit.
After starting Wondershare Subtitle Downloader, go to the Video Editor tab. You'll find a variety of video editing tools. To add subtitles to a video file, click the Subtitle button to enter your local files and import the video file. With your video playing, the subtitle window will open immediately.
Search and download a subtitle file.
Thankfully, you won't have to scour the internet for the greatest subtitle download site. This is because Wondershare Subtitle Tool has already done the legwork for you. Click the Search Subtitles button in the bottom-left corner to download a subtitle file. A subtitle website with thousands of subtitles to download will open in your usual web browser. Simply type in the name of your movie file and the SRT subtitle will begin to download.
Upload the downloaded subtitle file.
Return to Wondershare Subtitle Downloader and select Import Subtitles from the drop-down menu. Click Add to open your local storage and import the downloaded subtitle file from the pop-up box. Below the preview screen, you'll see the imported subtitle tracks.
Edit your subtitle file (Optional).
Do you wish to make any changes to the subtitles that have been uploaded to make them more interesting? Well, Wondershare Subtitle Tool makes it easy for you to do so. To alter the subtitle text, first, pick the subtitle duration in the bottom-left corner, then update the content in the textbox in the upper-right corner of the window. You can also change the start and stop times, the font color or type, the opacity, and the position of the subtitles. If you're happy with your changes, click Apply to All, then OK to confirm them.
You can also edit videos by selecting one of the three edit icons on the video thumbnail. Crop, rotate, apply video effects, cut, alter the sound level, and so much more are all available to you.
Convert your video to another format and save it.
To use a video format, go to the Output Format menu, press Video, and then select a video format. Use MP4 for more seamless playback on any device. Alternatively, go to the Device tab and choose your device's name. Finally, press the Save or Start All buttons to start converting and save your newly subtitled video. That concludes our discussion.
Part 2. How to Free Download Video Subtitle Online
In this section, we'll look at how to use an online Youtube SRT downloader. Especially for people who do not want to install any software on their computer and are looking for free subtitles download for videos or movies. The online tool is extremely convenient to use and can be accessed from any location. Below is a step-by-step tutorial on downloading video subtitles online. This internet program allows you to get subtitles for free using the following approach; the detailed instructions are as follows.
- Step 1: Go to a website that offers online subtitles. It's important to remember that you'll need the video copy before you begin.
- Step 2: You should now be able to see the main page of easy subtitles. A loading indication will display once you drag and drop your target video file into the webpage.
And within a second, it will provide a subtitle download link for you to choose from. Select one based on the language selection (for example, subtitles in English) and then click on the link to download it.
That is all there is to it. By following the steps above, you will be able to download subtitles online quickly and effortlessly at your leisure. The procedure is so simple and quick that you'll be able to watch the video with subtitles in no time. So, go ahead and grab this handy utility.
Part 3. How to Use VLC Media Player to Download Subtitles for Movies
The VLC media player's name is self-explanatory. For media payment purposes, it is well-known among users of desktop, PC, tabloid, and other devices. Aside from that, it has several hidden capabilities, such as the ability to download subtitles.
VLC has a subtitle/srt download option that allows you to load subtitles for the movie currently playing. However, this feature does not initiate the process of downloading the subtitle file. You'll need to make some preparations for this. Let's look at how to get movie subtitles using the techniques below:
- Step 1: Download the VLSub extension to your computer; you'll get a compressed file; unzip it to acquire a file with the vlsub.lua extension. You must copy this extension file and go to the following address: VideoLAN/VLC/lua C:Program Files (x86)/VideoLAN/VLC/lua Create a folder (called extensions) and paste the file into it.
- Step 2: Now open VLC player > open the view menu > scroll down to the VLSub option.
- Step 3: Next, open VLC player and play your video. Go to the View Menu and select the VLsub A pop-up box will appear, where you can search for the appropriate video subtitle.
- Step 4: You'll be presented with a list of relevant subtitles; select the one you want and click the Download selection
It is now possible to download English subtitles as well as subtitles for other languages using VLC.
Part 4. Wondershare Subtitle Tool vs. Online Easy Subtitle vs. VLC Media Player
In summary, the following is a comparison of three methods for downloading subtitles.
Wondershare's srt download tool provides step-by-step guidance for downloading, editing, and other video editing activities.
Easysubtitles: You can use a Youtube srt downloader online to download subtitles without having to use a desktop version or program.
The third option is the VLC media player, which is available to the majority of people. After downloading the VLsub extension, you can use this application to download your preferred srt file.
Finally, the most crucial question is which one to choose to download subs from YouTube. Well, you are free to choose according to your needs. But, in my opinion, based on the above comparison, Wondershare VCU's built-in subtitle downloader is the most recommended because of its varied subtitle downloading, editing, and other video converting features, making it the best pick above others.
- Support to over 1000 formats and devices for conversion.
- Batch processing at super-fast speed (30X faster).
- Lossless quality conversion.
- Built-in editor with features like crop, cut, add effects, and more.
- Video download from more than 10000 sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and more.
- Additional features like auto-trimmer, watermark editor, subtitle editor, video recording, transfer, DVD burning, image conversion, compression, and more.
- Support to all latest Windows and Mac version (including latest Mac version).
- 1. Convert to MP4
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert MKV to MP4
- 1.3 Convert WRF to MP4
- 1.4 Convert ARF to MP4
- 1.5 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 1.6 Convert YouTube to MP4/3GP for iPhone
- 1.7 Convert FLV to MP4 using FFmpeg
- 1.8 Convert FLV to MP4 Using VLC
- 1.9 Convert VirtualDub Files to MP4
- 1.10 Convert FLV to MP4 Using Handbrake
- 1.11 Convert MOV to MP4 using VLC
- 1.12 Convert MOV to MP4 using FFmpeg
- 1.13 Convert VEVO to MP4
- 1.14 Convert RM to MP4
- 1.15 Convert DV to MP4
- 1.16 Convert XviD to MP4
- 1.17 Convert FFmpeg Files to MP4
- 1.18 Online Video Converter to MP4
- 1.19 Convert iMovie to MP4
- 1.20 Convert iPhone Videos to MP4
- 1.21 Convert TS to MP4
- 1.22 Convert Windows Media File to MP4
- 1.23 Convert WTV to MP4
- 1.24 Convert Videos to MP4
- 1.25 Convert WebM to MP4
- 1.26 Convert Online Videos to MP4
- 1.27 Convert iPhone 6s Videos to MP4
- 1.28 Convert OGG to MP4
- 1.29 Convert AVI to MP4 using VLC
- 1.30 Convert Torrent to MP4
- 1.31 Convert VRO to MP4
- 2. Convert Audio to MP4
- 3. MP4 Converter Online