Can Windows Media Player Play MP4?
Windows Media Player does not support MP4, which means that you cannot play video or audio files that are in MP4 format. The files that Windows Media Player supports are video formats MPG, AVI, ASF, WMV and audio formats WMA, WAV,AU,MP3 AND AIF. The Windows Media Player in your computer will not play MP4 files unless you do something about it. You can either install MP4 codecs into your computer or convert the MP4 files into a format that can be played by the Windows Media Player such as WMV, ASF and AVI.
Play MP4 After Converting to Formats Compatible to Windows Media Player
You can play MP4 files after converting them to a format supported by Windows media player such as WMV, ASF and AVI using iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. The software can convert videos to many formats such as WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG and MKV among other formats. It provides an easy way to convert videos to other formats for Windows portable devices.
Get the Best MP4 Video Converter:
- Speedy plus High-Quality Conversions: With GPU Power & New Algorithm technology convert media files with original image, video & audio quality quickly.
- Useful Editing Tools: Use the media editor to enhance video or audio files by using editing tools such as trim, merge, crop, add watermark, special effects & many other amazing video enhancements.
- Download Videos with1-Click: 1-Click Instant downloads from 1000+ online sites on your Mac or Windows.
- Full DVD Support: Convert, Burn or Copy Media files to DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO or other Formats within minutes.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion.
Step-by-step guide to convert MP4 to Windows Media Player Supported Formats
Step 1. Load MP4 files
To begin with, please add files that you want to convert to the converter with drag and drop method. Alternatively, you can click the "Add Files" button to import your MP4 video.
Step 2. Choose the output format
Select the output format of the files such as WMV, ASF and AVI. These should be formats played using Windows Media Player. Specify where the output files will be saved.
Step 3. Start the conversion
Start the conversion by clicking the "Convert" button. The conversion takes time in which case you can keep yourself busy doing something else.
Tips: How to Install MP4 Codecs
The MP4 files can be played using Windows Media Player after installing codec pack. You can find different types of packs on the Internet such as CCCP – combined community codec pack- and K-LITE. The packs provide solutions for encoding and decoding in form of DirectShow filters and they encode and decode video and audio files from MP4 to formats that can be played by the Windows Media Player.
You should not delete your MP4 files from your computer simply because Windows Media Player cannot play them. There are two ways to solve the problem. Either you can convert the files to a format that can be played by Windows Media Player using iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe, or you can install MP4 codec packs.