Can iTunes Play MP4?
The question that occurs here is can iTunes play mp4 format audio/video files? As we know iTunes is a source of listening to music, watching movies and television shows as well therefore, everybody wishes to play their favorite audio and video files over here. There come times when iTunes does not supports the MP4 file. It either happens if the MP4 file has been already saved in iTunes but misallocated or it may be because not any kind of MP4 file has not been added to iTunes. If the file isn't found then it can be searched in the “Home Videos” section. The second situation is when the MP4 format you try to download is not supported. For this you would need a video converter to convert the video.
Play MP4 after Converting to iTunes Supported Formats
iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is one of the most powerful tool anyone can get access to. It is one of the excellent video converters around and supports all popular output formats such as FLV, AAC, MOV, AVI, MP4, 3PG, MP3, M4A, WMV, MKV, VOB, MPEG, ASF and other formats. All the conversion results are of high-end output quality and convert fast into the format you want. You can play the MP4 converted video on your iPhone, iPod or any other device.
Get the Best MP4 to iTunes Video Converter:
- Powerful Media Solution: iMedia Converter Deluxe allows you to convert HD Videos, Standard Videos, Audio formats as well as DVD file formats.
- Convert Videos to Popular formats: Supports all types of popular formats such as WMV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, MP4, VOB, H.265 alongwith other 150+ media formats.
- Flexible Video Export Presets: Use any of the optimized presets to directly export videos to any multimedia or portable devices like Android, iDevices, VR devices, gaming systems etc.
- Edit YouTube Videos: Edit and enhance YouTube or other online videos by trimming, adding subtitle, cropping, special effects or add watermarks.
- Use Media Browser to Download Videos: Easily drag & drop URL of any favourite video in the Media Browser to the download tab.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion; as well as Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
How to Convert MP4 to iTunes Supported Formats for Playback
Download the iSksysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe and launch it. After this you will only need to follow three simple steps to get your MP4 video converted into the iTunes supported format. The steps to be followed are mentioned below.
Step 1. Upload the MP4 File
Look for the "File" option then choose "Load Media Files", or you can drag your MP4 media file to the video converter for converting.
Step 2. Set the Output Format
Just when your file is uploaded you can then choose your device and the format compatible with iTunes. Here you can set "M4V" as the output format.
Step 3. Convert in iTunes
When all the previous steps are acknowledged you can then click on the "Convert" button and start converting the MP4 file into the format for iTunes. By the way, the converted files can be added to your iTunes library automatically.
Tips: How to Play Video on iTunes after Converting from MP4 to iTunes Supported Formats?
When you complete converting the MP4 file into the iTunes supported format then you can import the converted video in iTunes. For this go to the "File" menu and select "Add to library". Selecting this option will allow you to add the converted video so that you can play it whenever you want. Importing the MP4 video to your device's Library gets easier for you to play that video whenever you want and from any device you like. Converting the video with iSkysoft helps a lot in playing it easily.