Why Fail to Play MP4 on PS3?
PS3 can sometimes be a bit rigid in playing the MP4 file formats. But why does this happens? The first thing any user should know about the PS3 is that it can only play MP4 formats which have audio codec of ACC and video codec MPEG-4 AVC H.264/Xvid/DivX. Some MP4 codecs are still not supported by the PS3 such as MPEG-4 ASP. Not just this format is limited but the other two formats have also got some specifications which makes every kind of MP4 format fail to play on the PS3. These specifications are: AVC Level - 4.2, P4X4 and B-Pyramid, AVC Profile - High/Main Profiles and Baseline, 4GB streaming limit for h.264 format files, Supreme Bitrate - stuttering occurs while playback if bitrate more than 20Mbps.
Best Tool to Help Play MP4 on PS3 after Converting to PS3 Supported Formats
iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is one of the best video converters. This program offers users with all the facilities in converting the MP4 format files pretty easily. You can either convert movies or regular videos into the required format by using iSkysoft. After converting you can play them on any Mac device such as iPad, iPhone, iPod and others. The files converted are in formats such as FLV, MP4, MKV, WMV, MOV, AVI, MPG and more. The videos made from camcorder are automatically detected by iSkysoft and easily converts them too. You can also play the converted files on MP3 players.
Get the Best MP4 Video Converter:
- Packed with New Algorithm, Intel and NVIDIA GPU hardware acceleration technology for speedy conversions with original image/audio quality.
- Make High-Quality Videos: Make use of powerful features such as trim, merge videos, add subtitles, add special effects & other tools to create impressive videos.
- Exclusive Downloads from Online: Supports 1000+ websites such as Vimeo, Blip TV, Video Bash, YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.
- Convert & Share Online Supported Formats: Upload videos by converting videos online supported formats like FLV, WebM, F4V SWF and so on.
- Burn DVD: You can burn any video to DVD as you want.
Guide to Convert MP4 to PS3 Supported Formats for Playback
Step 1. Load MP4 videos
Just as the program finishes installing then you can start on by uploading the video you want to convert. To achieve that, you can use the drag and drop method. Alternatively, please go to "File" and then choose "Load Media Files".
Step 2. Choose output device
When you upload the video you wanted to convert then you can choose "PS3" as the device you are converting for.
Step 3. Start to convert
After selecting everything you require then click on the "Convert" button to start the conversion.
Tips: How to Import Converted Files to PS3?
As soon as the conversion has been completed you need to import all those in the PS3 of course. You can start importing your converted files by following the below mentioned tips:
1) Insert the flash drive in the PS3 which has the converted files present in it.
2) Click the "open hardware" option appeared after inserting the flash drive to import all the converted files.
3) Copy all the files you want from the folder to your PS3 by choosing the .vob file and click "ok" to import.