Top 10 Video Converter to MP4 Recommended (Free & Paid) 2023 Updated
by Brian Fisher Proven solutions
MP4 is considered to be a universal format owing to the fact that it is compatible with the majority of the players, devices, and programs. A lot of players and devices only support MP4 as their format and for them converting your videos to MP4 becomes essential. So, if you have a media file in any other format that you are unable to play and access, the most feasible solution is to convert it to MP4. There are several tools and programs available to get the conversion done. Know about the top video converter MP4 programs in the following parts of the topic. We have converted the free as well as the paid tools so that you can choose the ones that best meet your requirements and budget.
Part 1: How to Convert Any Video to MP4 on Windows/Mac?
There is no dearth of conversion tools but selecting the right one is important so that the process of conversion is fast and results in quality files. One of the best tools that we recommend in this category is Wondershare UniConverter that can work on Windows and Mac systems and is a paid software with multiple subscription options. Using software media files can be converted to MP4, MOV, FLV, and over 1000 formats without any loss in quality. The software has a rich experience of more than 10 years which makes the program reliable. The unremitting efforts of 1000 R&D personnel at Wondershare ensure that each user get the best conversion in a hassle-free manner. Convert your files with a peace of mind using the best Wondershare UniConverter.
- Convert files in over 1000 formats including MO4, MOV, FLV, and others.
- Batch processing to convert multiple files at a time. The software can convert even 100 files at a time without any issues.
- Lossless quality conversion.
- Built-in editor to customize files using features like crop, trim, add effects, and more.
- Video download from over 10,000 sites supported with video recording.
- Additional features supported like fixing metadata, compression, image conversion, and more.
- Windows and Mac support with support OS version support added regularly.
Steps to convert any video to MP4 using Wondershare UniConverter
Launch the Wondershare Video Converter MP4 and add media files.
Launch the installed Wondershare UniConverter on your system and from the main interface select the Video Converter tab. Click on the + Add Files icon on the left corner or click on the + sign at the centre to browse and load the local videos to be converted. Multiple files for batch conversion can be added.
Choose MP4 as the target format.
At the bottom-left corner, expand the drop-down menu at the Output Format and choose MP4 as the desired target format from the Video list. You can keep the quality as the source file or select from the available options. You can even customize the format as needed by changing its parameters like bitrate, frame rate, quality, encoder, resolution, and more. You can edit the file parameters by clicking on the pen icon next to the selected resolution.
Convert videos to MP4.
The File Location will let you choose the desktop folder to save the converted files. Finally, tap on the Start All button at the bottom-right corner to start with the file conversion process.
Upon completion, check the converted MP4 files at the folder on the desktop or at the Finished tab on the software interface.
Wondershare works as an excellent video converter mov to mp4, video converter mkv to MP4, video converter avi to mp4, and several others using the above steps.
Part 2: How to Convert Any Video to MP4 on Windows/Mac?
There are several freeware programs for converting your files are available as well. Listed below are some of the popular software in the category.
This is free-to-use software that is available for Windows system. The tool allows converting your media files into over 500 formats.
- This free mp4 video converter supports over 500 formats for conversion
- Option to download and convert online videos
- Video merging allowed
- 4K and HD video conversion supported
- No Mac supports
- The conversion speed is not very fast
- The process of file conversion is cumbersome
2.Wondershare Free Video Converter
This is a free version of the Wondershare UniConverter software that supports file conversion in lossless quality.
- Video conversion in over 1000 formats and devices
- Video Merging
- VR Conversion
- Video download from YouTube
- Video editing
- Comes with ads
- Files come with a watermark
- Recording can be done only for 1 minute but you can remove this restriction with the paid and upgraded version
- File transfer can be done only for 5 files
3.Free HD Video Converter Factory
Files in more than 500 formats can be quickly converted to your Windows system using this program.
- 4K, HD, FHD, and other videos can be converted into high quality
- Batch conversion supported
- Supports video download and upload
- Easy to use interface
- No Mac supports for this free mp4 video converter
- To enjoy the complete features of the software you need to opt for the paid premium version
- Software loading time is quite long
Use this multi-platform tool to convert files in all popular formats.
- All multimedia files including the ones on the disc can be converted
- Multi-platform support
- Batch scanning
- Option to crop and resize video
- Files can be converted only to MKV and MP4 format
- Multiple clips cannot be mixed
- The process of file conversion is too complicated and not apt for the beginners and normal users
This is another popularly used free tool that allows converting your files to MP4 and a host of other common formats.
- Support to a wide range of formats
- Effects can be added after the conversion
- Windows and Mac support
- Tries installing addition programs during the setup
- Request buying AVC Pro after every conversion
- Output formats are limited
Part 3: Other Top 4 Paid Video Converter to MP4.
We have shortlisted a few more popular paid programs for converting your video to MP4 and other formats as below.
This is a Windows and Mac-based program that allows converting media files in over 180 formats. The files can be processed as well as compressed without any quality loss using the program. There is also the option to trim and merge the created videos. If required you can even insert the subtitles to the processed files. Batch processing is supported and the interface is simple that makes the program apt for all types of users.
2.Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Using this program, the media files can be converted to a wide range of formats in lossless quality. Additionally, the software also works as an excellent video editor, player, and downloader where online videos can be downloaded for offline playback. You can even record your system screen using the software. The interface is simple and the process of conversion is fast.
This is a full GPU accelerated software that supports a host of functions including video conversion, editing, enhancing, making GIF, and much more. Using the software, you can customize the videos by cutting, merging, cropping, adding subtitles, effects, and more. Additional features include stabilizing video, correcting fisheye, removing noise, enhancing videos, and more.
This is a featured pack video conversion tool that allows converting files in 1080p, 4K, 5K, and 8K quality. Over 1000 formats are supported for the conversion and there is an option for customizing and setting the video and audio parameters as needed. Using the software, you can add the titles and the subtitles, add background music and edit your files in an array of manner. The conversion speed is fast and the tool is available for the Windows system.
Part 4: Difference between these 10 video converters.
The table below compares the above listed 10 tools on various parameters so that you can choose the one that best matches your requirements.
|Wondershare UniConverter||30X Times - Super Fast||Lossless quality||
||$39.95 for one year|
|Freemake Video Converter||Slow||Decent||
|Wondershare Free Video Converter||Fast||Lossless||
|Free HD Video Converter Factory||Fast||Decent||
|Any Video Converter||Slow||Decent||
|Movavi Video Converter||Fast||Lossless||
||$49 one year|
|Apowersoft Video Converter Studio||Slow||Good||
||$69 for lifetime|
||$37.99 for lifetime|
|DVDFab Video Converter||Fast||High Quality||
||$64.99 for lifetime|
- 1. Convert MP4
- 1.1 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.2 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 1.3 Convert MP4 to WMV
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to MTS
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to XviD
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to M4R
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to WebM
- 1.15 Convert MP4 to DivX
- 1.16 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.17 Convert MP4 to DV
- 1.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 1.19 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 1.20 Convert MP4 to MP2
- 1.21 Convert MP4 to Video
- 1.22 Convert MP4 to GIF
- 1.23 Convert MP4 to AVI with VLC
- 1.24 Convert MP4 to Video_TS
- 1.25 Convert MP4 to WMV using VLC
- 1.26 Convert MP4 Using HandBrake
- 1.27 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.28 Convert MP4 to iMovie
- 2. Play MP4
- 2.1 MP4 Player
- 2.2 MP4 Player for Mac
- 2.3 MP4 Player Apps
- 2.4 Play MP4 on Mac
- 2.5 Play MP4 on iTunes
- 2.6 Watch MP4 on Mac
- 2.7 Windows Media Player Play MP4
- 2.8 Play MP4 on PS3
- 2.9 QuickTime Play MP4
- 2.10 Play MP4 on Realplayer
- 2.11 Samsung MP4 Player
- 2.12 Play MP4 on PSP
- 2.13 Play MP4 Video on Xbox
- 2.14 VLC Play MP4
- 2.15 Play MP4 on GOM Player
- 2.16 Play MP4 on TV
- 2.17 Download Long YouTube Video
- 3. Edit MP4