MP4 video files are usually supported by iPad/iPhone/iPod, but if you can't sync MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod, you should have MP4 files with the resolution or frame rate that are not supported by your iDevices. This happens especially for HD MP4 files, and iTunes is intelligent enough to protect your devices from destroying. What's the solution? Find a video converter to convert MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod compatible format.
How to Transfer MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod to Play On The Go
Here iSkysoft MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod Converter is a great help. With it, you don't have to search around for the right video settings for your devices. The optimal presets for all Apple devices have been included for instant access. The latest iPad, iPhone and iPod are also supported.
Get the Best MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod Video Converter:
- Easily convert videos to iPad/iPhone/iPod supported format from any video, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, VOB, etc.
- Directly convert MP4 files to iPad/iPhone/iPod compatible format without more preset of codec, frame rate or bit rate.
- Edit MP4 videos before converting them. You can crop and trim MP4 videos, or add effects, subtitles and watermarks to your videos.
- Convert videos to audio files, like MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, etc.
- Burn MP4 or any video to DVD if you want.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Step-by-step Guide to Import MP4 Videos to iPad/iPhone/iPod
Step 1: Add MP4 files to the program
Download iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe and install it. This Mac video converter app is selected here for its high compatible with iPad/iPhone/iPod by offering the optimized preset for all iDevices, so you don't have to set the resolution, frame rate, format etc. yourself. You're recommended to find MP4 file(s) you want to converter in Finder, or select Show in Finder from iTunes, and then drag and drop them to the program.
Step 2: Choose iDevice format
At the bottom part of the converter, there is a row of output formats divided into several sections. Just select your device model. You will be able to customize the format parameters if you feel the need to change some format parameters. Click the "Settings" icon in the format for customizing.
Step 3: Convert and Import MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod
Before converting MP4 videos, you can go to the "Preference" option and then click the "Convert" tab to choose "Add files to iTunes Library after conversion". Lastly, click the "Convert" button. Soon you will get the converted MP4 videos listed on your iTunes library. Then you are able to sync them to your iPhone, iPad or iPod with ease.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert MP4 Files to iPhone/iPad/iPod Compatible Format on Mac
Optional: Online Tool to Convert MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod Supported Format
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod supported format. Try it below:
Note: Because the online tool doesn't support "https", so if the content below was blank, please manually click the "Shield" icon on the right of your browser address bar to load the script. This action is secure without any harm to your data or computer.
Tips: Video Formats Supported by iDevices
Apple's devices mainly supported MPEG-4 and H.264 video codecs, and different codec has different video parameters. Below are the key video settings for iPad, iPhone and iPod models. But if you use iSkysoft Video Converter, you can skip this part because all the presets are already included. Just choose your device and output. It's that easy.
H.264 Video Formats
- iPad, all models: up to 720p, 30 frames/second
- iPhone, all models: up to 640 x 480, 30 frames/second
- iPod, all models: from 320 x 240 to 720p (4th gen. iPod touch), 30 frames/second
MPEG Video Formats
- iPad, iPhone, iPod, all models: up to 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/second
Now you can enjoy any MP4 video on your Apple devices. Have fun.