If you have downloaded some MKV HD movies that you would like to put them on players like Xbox 360 for playback or for editing, you need to convert MKV to AVI format on Mac or Windows, because MKV is seldom supported by Xbox 360 or edting apps. Though MKV is becoming more and more popular, its incompatibility with many popular devices, like Android-based phone and game player, might get its development lagged behind other video format, like MP4, AVI.
- Part 1. How to Convert MKV to AVI on Mac
- Part 2. How to Convert MKV to AVI in Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
Part 1: How to Convert MKV to AVI on Mac
Fortunately, you can still watch these high-definition MKV videos on its incompatibe devices by converting MKV to other video formats. In this article, we are going to talk about how to convert MKV to AVI for Mac by using the powerful iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. I recommend the app, because it has helped me solve the the same problem many times. And it suport almost all macOS, including 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks and earlier.
Get the Best MKV to AVI Video Converter:
- Easy to use – There is no advanced converter that is as easy to use as iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. With three simple steps, you will have your video converted in no time at all.
- Fast conversion – Apart from the easy interface, iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe comes with a powerful algorithm which allows it to convert videos at speeds reaching 90X.
- Quality maintenance – Despite the high speed of conversion, the GUP acceleration in iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe ensures that your videos do not lose quality at all.
- Touch up your videos – You can now use the inbuilt editor to touch up your videos and add special effects like watermarks, subtitles, text and more.
- Burn DVD Discs – You can burn your video to a DVD without having to go outside looking for another DVD burning tool.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MKV Videos to AVI on Mac
Step 1. Add MKV files to the application
Drag & drop MKV files to the MKV to AVI Mac converter directly. Or you can go to the "File" menu, choose "Load Media Files" to locate the MKV files you want to add. To combine the videos, tick "Merge into One File".
Step 2. Select "AVI" as the output format
Just go to the format list, choose AVI as the output format. Not satisfied with the video parameters? Press the "Options" button to reset them. It is all under your control.
To fit the output videos on the devices perfectly, I suggest you choose the device as the output format, for the app has optimized the video settings beforehand.
Step 3. Start the MKV to AVI Mac conversion on OS X
Hit the "Convert" button to let this Mac Video Converter do MKV to AVI for Mac for you. This video converter is specifically designed for Mac operating system, including macOS Sierra on iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, etc.
When the conversion is done, you can upload the AVI movie to your device. Or share the output AVI videos with your friends who have PCs, or edit them in video editing tools.
Part 2: How to Convert MKV to AVI on Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
Download iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Windows software below, this software can convert MKV files to any video formats like AVI, MOV, FLV, MP4 and all kinds of device support formats.
Step 1. Launch the program and add MKV files
Run iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe program on your computer, click "Add Files" button or just drag and drop to import MKV files.
Step 2. Edit MKV video (optional)
You can edit the video if you want.(Include Trim, Effect, Crop, Watermark, Subtitle etc)
Step 3. Select AVI as output format
Choose AVI as output video format. Here are more formats you can choose if you need.
Step 4. Start converting .mkv to .avi
Click "Convert" button to start MKV to AVI conversion.
Video Tutorial on How to convert MKV to AVI on Mac
Optional: Online Tool to Convert MKV to AVI
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert your MKV videos to AVI. Try it below:
Note: Because the online tool doesn't support "https", so if the content below was blank, please manually click the "Shield" icon on the right of your browser address bar to load the script. This action is secure without any harm to your data or computer.