Have downloaded some AVI files on line or recorded some amazing AVI video clips with your camera and would like to change AVI to MPEG/MPG for Mac for burning DVD or convenient playback on players? If so, you'll need to convert AVI to MPG and this article would help you a lot with its detailed easy-to-practice but efficient Mac conversion guide.
Most Effective Tool to Convert AVI to MPEG/MPG on Mac (Including macOS Sierra)
The professional iSkysoft AVI to MPG Video Converter is the must tool to finish the AVI to MPG conversion task easily and quickly. It is the very AVI to MPG converter with high quality which offers you super fast conversion speed and loss-less quality conversion additional to the basic video conversion function.
Get the Best AVI to MPEG/MPG Video Converter:
- Convert more videos than before – with iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe, you can now convert over 150 video and audio formats all from within one place.
- Convert faster than before – the new algorithm allows iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe to convert videos at speed of 90X faster than before.
- Convert better than before – you can now convert videos and maintain the same quality thanks to the accelerated GPU that iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe has.
- Edit before you convert – with the inbuilt video editor, iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe allows you to edit your work before you convert it.
- Download from internet – you can now get videos from streaming sites online.
- Send to many destinations – now you can upload video to Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube without leaving iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. You can also burn your DVD discs and a lot more.
Three Steps to Convert AVI to MPEG/MPG with iSkysoft
Step 1. Import AVI files to the AVI to MPG Mac application
Launch the converter, drag & drop AVI files to it. To add files, you can also go to the "File" menu, choose "Load Media Files" to locate the AVI files you want to add. Batch conversion is available, so you can add several files at one time. In addition, you can toggle "merge" on to combine several AVI files for getting a continuous video file.
Step 2. Choose MPEG/MPG as the output format
MPG is the file extension for MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files. So here, you can go to the format list, choose either "MPEG-1" or "MPEG-2" under the "Video Formats" section as the output format.
What's more, the AVI to MPEG/MPG Converter for Mac also allows you to edit the files before you start the conversion. You can crop the black edge of your video, trim the video even apply some cool effects like Old-film to the clip to improve your files. Detail info in the Guide of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe.
Step 3. Start the AVI to MPEG Mac conversion
Just hit the "Convert" button, and leave the smart Video Converter for Mac to finish the rest for you. In addition, if you are too busy to wait for the end of the task and happen to have to leave, you can set "after the conversion shut down my computer" which then makes the smart AVI to MPEG Mac application automatically shut down your Mac.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert AVI to MPEG/MPG on Mac
Optional: Online Tool to Convert AVI to MPEG
If you want to convert AVI videos to MPG without installing a desktop software program, just try this free online AVI to MPEG converter below:
Note: Because the online tool doesn't support "https", so if the content below was blank, please manually click the "Shield" icon on the right of your browser address bar to load the script. This action is secure without any harm to your data or computer.
Tips: What is MPG Video?
As a common digital video format standardized by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG), MPG typically incorporates MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 audio and video compression and is often used for creating movies that are distributed on the Internet. And MPG is the file extension for MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files.