Sometimes you need subtitles when you're watching movies, for example, those movies which don't speak your mother tongue, and a subtitle also can be necessary even the movies speak your language. But not all videos have subtitles. Then adding a subtitle to movie turns to be a good idea. When you have an external subtitle in srt, ass or ssa for your movie, you can easily add subtitles to a movie. Here you will get the simplest way to add subtitles to a movie.
Most Useful Tool to Add Subtitles to a Movie
Subtitles can't be loaded to all videos: you can only add subtitles to videos in MKV, MP4, AVI or other video format which has the ability of adding subtitles. Well, it's not a tough work if your movie isn’t in the proper video formats, you can convert the video to MKV or other available format first, then add your subtitles to movie. iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is a powerful video tool which can both convert video in all popular formats and customize subtitles for movies.
Get the Best Tool to Add Subtitles:
- Converts 150+ video and audio types – you can convert over 150 video and audio file types using this powerful tool.
- Fast speed - iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe comes with industry-leading 90X conversion speed.
- Does not lose quality – many fast converters will compromise the quality of the video, but not iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe.
- Media Player – it comes with a media player which you can use to watch your videos; you do not need any external media players.
- Download video – you can get free videos from the Internet to use in your own projects.
- Inbuilt video editor – you can edit your videos, albeit in minimal forms such as adding text, watermarks, changing color options etc.
Step-by-step Guide to Add Subtitles to a Movie with iSkysoft
Step 1. Convert video on Mac (Option)
Open the Mac Video Converter, drag your source movies and drop to the Mac app. Batch conversions are supported. Then click the format icon to open the format list and choose the right one as your output format, click "Convert" to start the conversion. Detailed info: User Guide of iMedia Converter Deluxe.
Step 2. Load (reload) the converted movie to the Mac Converter
Load your movie or reload the output files you just get in the step 1 to the Mac app.
Step 3. Add subtitles to movie
In the Subtitle tab, you can load an external subtitle file like. ssa,. ass,. srt to put on the video.
Step 4. Start the subtitle adding task
After the subtitle added, you need to set the output format, then click "Convert" at the right bottom of the main interface. The iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac also provides other available formats like MP4, AVI. After the task, you will get a movie with subtitle.
Note: After the subtitle task, you are unable to remove the subtitle from the converted movie.