According to the product sheet, Kindle Fire accepts these file formats: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8. This means, if you happen to have some videos in AVI, MOV, AVCHD, WMV etc. you are unable to transfer them to your new Kindle Fire for use only if you convert your file format to the compatible one with Kindle.
Convert and Play AVI, MP4, MOV and More Videos on Kindle Fire
This kind of video conversion is not a tough work. Here you will learn the easiest and quickest solution. To convert media files in AVI, MOV and more videos to Kindle fire on Mac (macOS Sierra included), iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is used. This Mac app supports converting any video in all popular formats at ultra-fast conversion speed.
Get the Best Kindle Fire Video Converter:
- 90X conversion speeds – you can convert your videos at industry-leading speeds of up to 90X.
- 150+ video/audio compatibility – this is a tool that can work with several different video and audio formats, ranging from MKV, VOB, MP4, MOV to MP3, AAC and more.
- Protects quality – despite being very fast in conversion iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe does not compromise the quality of the final video.
- Download videos – you can download introduction clips and add them to your clips from the Internet; makes your work look professional.
- Write to many devices – the output can be sent to a DVD disc for watching on TV. You can also send to the Internet, iPad and iPhone.
- Edit videos – the inbuilt video editor will help you enhance the quality of your work.
How to Convert AVI, MP4, MOV, etc to Kindle Fire Supported Format
Step 1. Download the Kindle Fire Converter for Mac and add files
Download the Mac app and launch it. Then open the Media Browser by clicking the button at the top right corner. In Media Browser, find the original videos and drag them to the item tray. Or you can directly drag the originals to the Kindle Fire Converter for Mac from your desktop.
Step 2. Choose the compatible format
In the format tray, go to "Devices" category and choose "Kindle Fire" as the output device.
Step 3. Start to convert AVI, MOV, etc. to Kindle Fire on Mac
Click the "Convert" button and the Mac iMedia Converter Deluxe will finish the rest automatically. After the conversion, transfer the converted files to your Kindle Fire.
Tip: Connecting Kindle Fire to Mac and transfer files to Kindle Fire
1. Plug the Kindle Fire to your Mac via USB and unlock the device;
2. The Kindle Fire appears as an external storage drive on your Mac desktop, click to open it. While using as an external drive, you can’t do other things directly on the device;
3. Drag the converted files to the possible content folder of your Kindle Fire like Music or Pictures;
4. After the transferring, hit on "Disconnect" button on your Kindle Fire and unplug it.
Try this Free Online Tool to Convert Videos to Kindle Fire
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert your videos to Kindle supported format. So that you can freely play videos on Kindle as wanted. Try it below:
Note: Because the online tool doesn't support "https", so if the content below was blank, please manually click the "Shield" icon on the right of your browser address bar to load the script. This action is secure without any harm to your data or computer.